Using innovative technologies to assess your brain, balance and vestibular system, and treat your brain injury.
About Concussion Rehabilitation
At the Surrey Neuroplasticity Clinic, we know that each concussion is unique and comes with its own needs for assessment and treatment. It can be challenging dealing with an injury you cannot see. We have developed a client-centered assessment package based on the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation guidelines that identifies each individual’s unique needs for treatment.
What to Expect
We start with an initial 75-minute consultation with either a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist, to review your past medical history and symptoms you may be experiencing.
From there, a recommendation will be made by our professional concussion team for specific assessments to address some, or all, of the following areas:
- Vision-vestibular– Double vision, difficulty reading, difficulty in busy environments (such as the supermarket), sensations of dizziness or vertigo, tinnitus, loss of balance
- Physiological symptoms– This includes, but is not limited to, headaches, balance/walking issues, sensitivity to light/noise, pain, or changes in physical condition with increase in heart rate (exercise)
- Cognitive– Mental fogginess, forgetful, delayed processing speed, attention, problems with word finding, fatigue
- Emotional– Depressed mood, mood swings, anxiety, feeling agitated, or apathetic
- Cervicogenic– Muscle tightness or weakness, impaired or altered movement of the neck area
Depending on your needs, different technologies may be recommended for these assessments. Our unique, comprehensive concussion assessment packages include the use of innovative technologies like the NeuroCatch® Platform, NeuroCom® SMART Balance Master, and Optometrics ICS Impulse Goggles. These innovative technologies allow us to assess your brain, balance and vestibular system in depth. Following assessments, an evidence-based treatment plan may be recommended to address your specific presentation, to help you get back to living your life symptom free!